Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tomorrow is the Start!

Tomorrow is the start of a long journey for Amy and I...we are beginning our diets (Amy has already lost over 20 pounds though!). We are going to weigh in every week...and this blog will be where we share with each other and anyone else who cares to read about it.
My goal is around 145 pounds and since unoffically I am around 240...I have about 100 pounds so lose...
How long do I think it will take...I have no idea really. All I know is that I am in this for the long haul and it is time to get serious about losing this weight. I dont feel well most of the time and Conner (my 2 1/2 year old son) is getting harder and harder to keep up with.
Amy and I met online on our children's playgroup that goes by age...we have recently gotten closer and found that we do have alot in common and enjoy chatting with each other...
We both have struggled with our weight all of our lives and are both determined to do this for ourselves and our families.
I truely feel that God has brought us to each other for the very reason to encourage each other to get this done for ourselves...he knows that we will need support of someone else that can truely understand since they have been there and know how it feels to be overweight and very unhappy about it. I believe in my heart that Amy is going to be Best Friend and losing this weight together is going to pull us closer together as friends.
Well that is about it from me today...you will learn more about me as time goes by and I talk or vent on here about my struggles with this process!
Tomorrow I will post more about my "diet" and how I plan on doing this...Amy and I are both going to be doing our own "thing"...but the common thread is the support that we are going to give each other...I feel that is the most important since without support and God...not to much will be accomplished!

1 comment:

Nikki and Amy said...

We can do it! I'm looking forward to going through this journey with you!!