Friday, June 6, 2008

Nikki's First Day...

Ok...it is Friday!!! And the start for me! Below are some pictures...one is of the scale this very morning...I have gained 3 pounds more than I thought...nice huh???
So my beginning weight is 243! Not 240! Do you like my scale? I love it, and the very best part is that it was free! I got it off of Freecycle last year some time.
Ok...on to the nitty gritty...
I am going to the grocery store as soon as I get enough courage to do so (Conner is NOT good in the stores!)...I am planning on getting some veggies, fruit and some lunch stuff for me...oh...and of course some snacks...I will be snacking on LUNA bars since they are very easy on my system and fill me up (I had gastric bypass surgery and so I cant handle much sugar!) and low on sugars and taste like a candy bar...how much better can you get than that!
I am going to tone down my bread intake ALOT! I eat entirely to much bread...I know it and I realise it...so now the only thing left is the change it! I dont think I can take it out entirely...but I can tone it down.
Water...Water...Water...and even more Water is going to be my drink of choice! I have gotten off of the Diet Mountian Dew and so I only crave that every once and a while...not to bad. My goal is just to drink water throughout the day...not really regulate it or try to track it...I have a big green cup that I fill from the fridge jug we have and so as long as I drink a big glass every hour or so...I should be ok...
Lunch is going to be the toughest for me...I really dont know what to eat...I usually graze through the day....but I have to stop that and just eat 3 meals with 2 snacks...I am really thinking of getting those lunch things for the microwave... those little tv dinner things...or I can have cottage cheese and ham roll ups...I will have to look and see what I want to get...
Breakfast is going to be Special K cereal (I love that stuff!) with skim milk, or oatmeal with Splenda brown sugar...
Dinner is going to be just a smaller version of what we already were having...I have discovered that I LOVE Gordons Grilled Fish in Garlic butter sauce and it is only 100 calories a fillet! So I might eat that more with some brown rice...
I will give you an update every day on what I ate and how I did...and the emotional stuff to! I know there will be emotional stuff since...well...to be honest...I have to overeat for some reason...right???



1 comment:

Nikki and Amy said...

Sounds like you're ready! My weight went up 2 pounds, as well. :(